Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all are successfully getting into the holiday spirit this year. Thanksgiving is coming up quickly!
On today’s episode, we’re going to be discussing a couple of topics that are relevant to our current tense political climate: combat culture and defusing arguments. Combat culture involves being obliged to take a warlike approach to just about any issue, whether or not it is appropriate or necessary. We talk about the negative effect this has on all of us, and why we really don’t need to get riled up on every issue presented to us. We then discuss several relevant (but sometimes silly) ways to defuse a tense situation should you find yourself in one.
Some highlights from today’s episode on combat culture:
- Introduction to the episode and my general complaints about Texas’ sorry excuse for November weather
- Overview of combat culture and its negative effects on you and your personal relationships
- A few easy things to not do if you find yourself in an argument or tense situation
- Some guidelines and ideas for what to do instead (SPOILER: it involves pumpkin pie.)
- AOD episode #2: Taking the Power out of Personal Attacks
- Fantastic article all about combat culture/argument culture
You can now make a donation to help support the AOD podcast! By clicking this link, you can give a one-time or recurring donation of any amount in order to help me cover the cost of running the blog and podcast.